background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kiss the baby!

Well it's been a WHILE since my last post and a lot has happened!  We finally moved into our new house (yay!!).  George painted the dining room, living room and is working on the bathroom.  We got new furniture in the living room as well as the dining room.  And oh yeah, I'm pregnant.  I'm due December 27!  Can we say Christmas baby?!  I was reading a babycenter blog yesterday and women were posting about the importance of their due dates, ie: my due date is my grandfather's birthday, my anniversary, my brother's birthday...I had to respond with, well my kid is likely to be due on Jesus' birthday, top THAT!  We've been told by friends "If it's due on Christmas you have to name it Jesus, or Santa" ... yeah, I'll keep that in mind (not).  We've decided part of the baby's name will come from my family.  George was up the other night and was wondering, should it come from your mom's side....or your dad's?  Then it hit him, I saw the light bulb go off and I could tell he was sooo proud of what he had just thought of.  "I've got it Laura....we can use BOTH sides.  First name, Richard, like your dad's brother, middle name, Robert, like your brother, your uncle and grandfather.  Richard Robert, aka RICKY BOBBY!!  If you aint first you're last!!" .... thank you for that George... I will also keep that in mind (not).

I'm only about 13.5 weeks right now but I already have a little belly.  We've been teaching Aidan that there is a baby in momma's belly and he is absolutely enthralled with the idea!  "Aidan!  What's in momma's belly?!" "BABIES!!!"  He always makes the baby plural, I've only seen one so far, but hey, maybe my kid is psychic, twins do run in the family! He loves to "hug" the baby (the shirt must be pulled up to do so though).  He also enjoys kissing the baby.  He mostly enjoys this while I'm standing, so it requires me to squat VERY awkwardly to accommodate his 22 month height.  Last night Aidan decided he didn't want to eat his stir fry (can't blame him, the veggies did get kinda mushy).  We tried to coax him over and over, "we'll give you an ice pop if you take 5 bites" "we'll give you crackers if you eat" "we'll let you go outside if you eat"....it went on forever.  Finally George got an idea, "I've got it!  Aidan....the baby in momma's belly wants you to eat.  Can you eat for the baby??"  "BABIES?!?!" and he chomped away at the food.  I did not know that unborn babies in momma's belly can be bargaining tools, but now you know. 

Before leaving for work this morning Aidan gave me a hug and a kiss as usual, and now he wants to kiss the baby, the NEW daily norm.  This will be a fun summer and fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment