background

Friday, July 8, 2011

We're out of bread

Wouldn't it be crazy if you went to a pizza place and they were out of pizza??  Or a burger place that was out of burgers??  Then why is it, that I have heard on 3 separate occasions, from the SAME subway, that they are out of bread.  It's not like I go when a natural disaster is about to hit and they're trying to get rid of everything...  I mean, isn't bread kind of a staple of a subway sandwich?  Who really goes to subway to order a salad anyway, not me...  This subway just astounds me.  It's not like I have a plethora of food options to pick from in Starkville in the first place.  For lunch I just wanted something that I can get "to-go" and relatively healthy in less than ten minutes.  Subway is now off of that list.  While I waited with roughly 12 other frustrated customers for the bread to bake, at least we had some entertainment.  I'm guessing the staff at subway is given the privilege to pick the radio station, as well as the volume.  Most similar dining establishments have an agreeable oldies station...not this subway...  It's hip-hop hour y'all, and not just any, nope, it was throw back hip-hop hour...  Master P "Make em say uhh", Jay Z "Can I get a", Dr. Dre & Snoop "Nothin but a G Thang"...the list goes on...  I wish you could have seen the faces on the some of the more "conservative" customers, hahaha...one older woman just walked out mumbling gibberish under her breath.  But in the end I did leave with my 6 inch turkey on wheat.  So was it worth it??  For entertainment value, yes, for food value, NO.   So next time you go to subway and they say "We're out of bread", don't even respond.  Just turn around and walk out.  In fact don't even attempt it, just got to Lenny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment